How do I request reimbursement for an out-of-pocket case related cost?

Article author
  • Updated


Private attorneys should use the Ebill program and enter an 'Other' type voucher (as opposed to 'Paralegal' or 'Associate') for the reimbursement of out-of-pocket expenses for a specific case. Prior to requesting reimbursement it is assumed that you have already paid directly for the product or service and you can provide a receipt, or invoice and legitimate proof of payment.

Please refer to this article for documentation requirements.

If you are seeking reimbursement for telephone expenses for calls to clients, please refer here.

Multiple expenses for the same case can be billed on one voucher.

CPCS allows the submission of one Other out-of-pocket expense voucher per Type, per NAC, per Calendar Month, irrespective of when the expense was incurred.

'Other' type vouchers are subject to the same billing deadlines as legal services bills. For additional information, please review the Ebill manual.

E-bill vouchers for out-of-pocket expenses that total $50 or less do not need to be mailed to CPCS for payment consideration. However, they should be printed, signed and maintained in the case file with receipts and proof of payment attached.

E-bill vouchers for out-of-pocket expenses that total more than $50, must be printed, signed and mailed to CPCS with receipts and proof of payment attached in order to be considered for payment. A copy should be retained for your records

CPCS Accounts Payable
75 Federal Street
6th Floor
Boston, MA 02110

Was this article helpful?

9 out of 11 found this helpful

Have more questions? Submit a request



Article is closed for comments.