I am an Attorney and want to use a new expert witness, what do I do?

Article author
Brian Donahue
  • Updated

It is imperative that all experts go through the approval process before starting work on your case!

When you need to use an expert that has not worked with CPCS before, have them email vendorinfo@publiccounsel.net to start the process before they start work on the case. A member of the Finance staff will reply with the required forms to be filled out by the new expert and a request for the relevant documentation of qualifications. Once all paperwork is in order, the application will be forwarded to the Vendor Review Panel for final determination of qualifications and applicable rate of compensation. If approved, the new expert will be given detailed instructions on how to be set up as a state vendor. 

All vendors will submit a EFT/W9 docusign form for billing/payment to occur. We will need the name/email address of the person who can authorized a signature submitted to the vendor specialist. 

This can be a lengthy process so please allow a few weeks for this to be completed. To speed things along, have the new expert start to gather a few commonly requested documents such as an updated resume, applicable licenses, and allowed motion for funds (for non-Social Worker experts).

Was this article helpful?

0 out of 0 found this helpful

Have more questions? Submit a request



Article is closed for comments.