When the attorney type for a Vbill is entered incorrectly (e.g. 'Privately Retained' when there is a NAC on file), the Vbill is returned to the vendor's work in progress to modify and resubmit. Adding a NAC # in this case is not intuitive or obvious.
Below are the steps to update a Vbill that was returned to Work in Progress (WIP) because there is a NAC# on file. You should have received a notice in Vbilll, along with the NAC#.
DO NOT start a new bill unless specifically directed by Accounts Payable personnel; it could be reduced or automatically rejected.
- Login into Vbill. Find the Vbill in your work in progress folder. Click 'Edit' next to the correct bill. Find the drop down box 'Attorney type selected'.
- Click the drop down and choose '(select attorney type)'.
- Once you select that item in the drop down box, the NAC field will re-appear.
- Enter the NAC number (a 'C' or 'D' followed by 8 consecutive digits) and click 'OK'. DO NOT choose anything from the drop down box below. You should receive a 'pop-up' indicating that the NAC is on file and the attorney, court, and client fields should be automatically populated now.
- Save the changes by clicking on 'Save'
- Resubmit the Vbill by clicking on 'Review & Submit'
- After the attorney electronically reviews and approves the work, please print/sign/date the Vbill and mail the updated form to CPCS. Put a sticky note on it that it was returned to work in progress. Please include copies of the required documentation to facilitate processing.